EAW08.WEBS.COM
JOIN EAW http://eaw08.webs.com/chatroom.htm
EAW08.WEBS.COM
JOIN EAW http://eaw08.webs.com/chatroom.htm
EAW08.WEBS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EAW08.WEBS.COM

■■SINISTER TO THE CORE■■

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do You Believe in Magic?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hana Brightly
Officially Sinister
Hana Brightly

SWE Points! : 185
SWE Status : Shocked! @_@

Do You Believe in Magic?  Empty
PostSubject: Do You Believe in Magic?    Do You Believe in Magic?  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:49 am

Do You Believe in Magic?  HanaBrightlyPromoBanner01

A
single, beautifully manicured index finger graces its audience's video waves as the camera follows it graciously towards a pink boom box, sitting proudly upon a sidewalk. Stickers of various luchadores are scattered upon it, each doing various lucha-things, such as springboard planchas, feint kicks, and hurricanranas, all moves that Hana Brightly, everyone's favorite girlfriend, had ridiculous trouble executing. The finger edges towards a series of keys attached to the boom box as it elegantly presses "play," the trademark scratches of a revolving cassette tape being heard as as the hint of a song begins to surface. Slowly, but surely, a recognizable tune begins to resonate, and the camera focuses itself upon the pursing lips of a woman, a gradual smile emerging while "Do You Believe in Magic?" by The Lovin' Spoonful finally chimes in at full force. An excited yelp escapes her lips as she bounced upward, the camera now panning out to get the full motion view of her actions. A confident smile, reaching cheek-to-cheek, the finger is revealed to belong to Hana Brightly as she begins skip down the sidewalk proudly.

"Do you believe in magic, in a young girl's heart?~" Hana begins to sing as she takes careful steps to not land on any cracks while happily displaying her affection for the world's most perfect day. Astonished background neighbors began to divert their attention towards her direction as she continued to stride down Penny Lane, her vibrant outfit leaving an intensifying weaving rainbow behind her. "How the music can free her, whenever it starts~" Taking one giant leap, Hana lands squarely on both her feet and begins to twirl in place, glittering stars making themselves present as an animated butterfly began to glide around Hana's body before darting skyward in a magnificent twirl. "And it's magic, if the music is groovy. It makes you feel happy like you're Hello Kitty~" Pointing at the logo on her skirt, Hana winks and continues skipping, the animated butterfly now trailing behind her gleefully. "I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul, but it's like trying to hide Violet from your cereal bowl~" Making reference to how she was coerced into the wrestling business by her closest friend, Hana shrugs and smiles while the butterfly behind her pulled down an eye socket and sticks its tongue out in a jokingly aggressive manner towards the filming camera. "If you believe in magic, don't follow Pingu. He's just going to bore you with his luchadore moves. Just go and please watch, you'll start with a smile. But it will wipe off your face no matter how hard you try. Your face will be raging and you'll can't seem to find~ how it got there, so you'll just blow your poor young mind~" Making an exceptionally sad face, Hana struggles to keep skipping as she and her animated butterfly begin to make crying motions with their hands. A dark cloud then looms over them for a second as a flash of lightning immediately jolts them out of it, springing a smile back on both their faces as they continue their quest down the otherwise friendly sidewalk. "If you believe in magic, come along with me. We'll skip until the morning 'til it's just you and me~ And maybe, if I win tonight, I'll meet you tomorrow sort of late at night. And we'll start skipping, Violet, then you'll see. How the magic's in the music, and the music's in me~" The butterfly nodded in agreement as Hana pointed towards herself with both her thumbs. Unfortunately, her attention towards herself distracted the placement of her feet, and before Hana knew it, she stepped on a crack in the sidewalk.

Her butterfly companion self-destructed in a fit of a sparklingly rage while the playing boom box set itself in fast-forward, playing the rest of the song at an alarming, "chipmunks" speed. Her rainbow trail fading, Hana silently looked down at her misplaced footing, her shoes suddenly growing hands and throwing her a four demeaning thumbs down rating. The neighbors, disgusted, all re-started their lawnmowers, or slammed their front doors aggressively as Hana Brightly bent down and hugged her knees. Twirling a lone index finger against the sidewalk, Hana's smile faded into that of an emotionless doll, she couldn't believe it. Stepping on any sort of crack was instantly bad luck! She might as well break eleven mirrors, walk under a million ladders, and open an umbrella indoors while a black cat purred against her leg! Any chance of Hana Brightly winning her debut match-up just went down the drain the moment she broke her mother's back. "I'm against two people who are infinitely better wrestlers than I'll ever be." Letting herself focus on drawing imaginary circles on the sidewalk, the looming dark cloud found its way back over Hana's head as pouring rain began to devour her. "Violet Evans and Ultimo Pingu are high-flyers, they captivate their audiences with their awe-aspiring ring work, and their unrivaled ambition to reach the heavens from the top turnbuckle. Who am I? What am I? I'm afraid to even step into that ring, butterflies are fluttering ever so much within my stomach. A part of me is excited, my first defining step towards possibly creating an image for myself and others, but the other half isn't." Sniffling, Hana Brightly turns her attention towards the camera. "I'm from Seattle, I've grown the habit of checking the weather whenever I leave my apartment. Today I was promised clear skies, so I didn't bring my umbrella." Spreading out her arms, Hana lets the rain sprinkle into the palms of her hands before continuing. "The world loves to play cruel jokes on me. This isn't the first time this has happened. Have you ever had a birthday where everyone gave you the exact same present? I have. It's funny, I had just a single item on my wish-list, and now I have a multitude of that single item scattered about my apartment. What that is? I dare not tell, in fear of what it may say concerning my character." Cracking a smirk, Hana looks away from the camera for a second, running a hand through her wet hair. "But I couldn't return them. It would have felt awful, and I don't like to create a scene, even if I'm the only character in it. So, I went with the flow, and now they're just a constant reminder of the irony that is my life."

Closing her eyes, Hana breathed in the atmosphere, and stood upright. "I do love the smell of rain though, and the metaphor it seems to create in the books I read. It's often seen as a way of cleansing one's past self, and creating a life a-new. Perhaps this was meant to happen." Walking towards the camera, the looming cloud seemed to follow her, and only her. "Wrestling scares me. The act of hitting someone for the enjoyment of others isn't appealing, but! Tonight, I step into the ring with Violet Evans, my closest friend, and Ultimo Pingu who wears a really, really cool wrestling mask, and despite what I sang at the height of my courage, he isn't a bore to watch. I am." Her confident thumbs making a comeback, Hana pointed towards herself as she smiled. The cloud overhead began to dissipate as her smile grew wider. "If you believe in magic, in this young girl's heart, lend me your courage. I promise I'll give it back, and maybe together we could put on a defining moment against the absolute best in within that squared circle tonight. " Sunshine then enveloped Hana Brightly as she outlined a heart with both her index fingers, her animated butterfly being reborn in the middle and passing one last wink towards the camera before flying away.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HidamariBread
Hana Brightly
Officially Sinister
Hana Brightly

SWE Points! : 185
SWE Status : Shocked! @_@

Do You Believe in Magic?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe in Magic?    Do You Believe in Magic?  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:55 am

OOC: I enjoyed writing this, but I'm still trying to grasp the essence of my character's personality, so I find some parts of my role-play a little iffy, especially the ending. It doesn't have quite the impact I was hoping for after reading/revising it, so I'm hoping my next match promo turns out better than this one did for next week's card.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HidamariBread

Do You Believe in Magic?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EAW08.WEBS.COM :: Sinister Wrestling Entertainment :: SWE Promos/Roleplays-
Jump to: